From its beginning, NorthPointe Church has been a place that dreams about how to include others. Our driving question has always been, how do we effectively invite people to “come and see” the difference that Jesus Christ can make in their life? In the book of Ephesians, Paul says that God’s purpose “was to use the church to display his wisdom in its rich variety… this was his eternal plan.” We are humbled and excited to be part of it! We want to reach people far from God and help them connect to him and one another.
The most effective way Christ-followers do this is by inviting non-church goers to experience the presence and community of Jesus for themselves.
People want to be included; they just need to be invited. The opportunity is ours to come together as a church family to expand and transform our main campus into a place that makes it easy and accessible for all people to “come and see” the difference Jesus can make every day of their lives.
I pray that you’ll choose to join in this dream of creating dedicated space for the purposes of spiritual small talk, high hospitality, rich fellowship, and an open invitation for people to “come and see” the life-changing power of God through his people and authentic community.
• The campaign focus is free-will giving versus “fundraising.”
• NO ONE will ever be told they MUST give to the campaign.
• No one will ever be told an amount they’re expected to give.
• High-pressure, manipulative tactics will not be used or tolerated. God invites us–never coerces us into his plans!
• No “broadcasting” of individual gift amounts will occur.
• No persons will ever be “outed” by others as non-givers.
• An accurate, confidential record of individual donors’ gifts will be maintained and provided annually to them.
• Pledges are good-faith promises not contracts, and may be altered or cancelled completely by the donor if circumstances make it necessary to do so.
• All monies given go only to the project promised.
• A full accounting for campaign funds will be provided to the Church body at least twice annually.
Kim interviews Pastor Shane about the new coffee shop, worship center patio, baptism water feature, and outdoor amphitheater – all for the purpose of greater community, warmer hospitality, and a place where life with Jesus can begin.
Recorded May 4, 2022 | Midweek Live
Our mission as a church is:
“Creating a positive faith environment where non-church goers are encouraged to become fully developing followers of Jesus Christ at every stage of life.”
Think about what it will mean when a person’s first step on our main campus is one that is easy and accessible.
Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone. Colossians 4:5–6
• CLARITY Ask God to help you envision what it might be like to sit in a safe, casual space with someone you care about; whom you’d like to see come to know Him.
• MY PART Allow God to speak into your heart as you consider what you could sacrificially give, and join others to make this vision a reality.
Spend a few minutes thinking about those you know whom you’d like to share Christ with. Bring their faces to mind. Imagine yourself telling them the difference God has made in your life.
“Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?” So, the people came streaming from the village to see him. John 4:29–30
• YOUR CIRCLE Begin praying now about who God would have you invite to come have coffee with you.
• COMMUNITY & CONGREGATION Begin praying today for the interactions between people who will come in from our community and those from our congregation.
Spend some time thinking about the most meaningful conversation you have ever had about God. Consider how He has gently called you to Himself.
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 2 Corinthians 5:20
• INTENTIONALITY Ask God how you can be intentional with your giving, your prayers, and preparing your “coffee invitation”.
• DIVINE INTERVENTION Pray for The Holy Spirit to “connect the dots” during conversations that will happen over coffee.
Consider a recent time that you became frustrated trying to put something together or waiting on someone else to do it. We appreciate when things are built well and done on time.
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” Proverbs 16:9
• HEARTS OF THE WORKERS Pray that God will be speaking into the lives of the workers as they build, keep them safe, and that they will respond to Him.
• PERMIT & INSPECTION Pray for a timeley, seamless permit and inspection process. Pray the workers are diligent and their work is excellent.
Think about how much we rely on God to provide for us. And, about all the times our prayers have been answered before we even knew we had the need.
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” Hebrews 13:15
• SUPPLY CHAIN COSTS Pray that God will help keep supply chains open and costs down.
• MATERIALS & MONEY Ask God to make the best materials available to us. Pray he helps you determine the most generous monetary commitment you can make so this project is the best it can possibly be.