You can’t finish well if you haven’t started.
1. To start with God means to believe that Jesus’ death was a payment for your sins.
John 3:16-17 (NLT) For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
If you have started but find yourself sidetracked…
1. I get sidetracked when I stop reading the Bible.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT) All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
2. I get sidetracked when I stop praying.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT) Never stop praying.
3. I get sidetracked when I’m not connected to others.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT) So encourage each other and build each other up.
Proverbs 27:17 (NLT) As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
John 13:35 (NLT) Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples
Wisdom for finishing well.
1. It’s as simple and small as a mustard seed.
Philippians 2:12-13 (NLT) Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is evenmore important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
• We mimic what we see Jesus do!
Matthew 11:29-30 (MSG) Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.
Psalm 37:4 (MSG) Keep company with God, get in on the best.
• We surrender to God and allow Him to do his part.
Philippians 2:13 (NLT) For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
Growing Deeper Together
Use these points throughout the week as part of your quiet time, in your small group, or over coffee with a friend to help you apply what you learned in today’s message.
• What has currently or in the past sidetracked your spiritual growth?
• Reread 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT) All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
Do you believe that all scripture is inspired by God? What (if any) scriptures do you struggle to believe are inspired by God?
• What do you think it means in Philippians 2:13 (MSG) when it says to work hard to show the results of your salvation?
• When you read Philippians 2:13 (MSG) For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
What are your thoughts? Does this help you? Confuse you? Comfort you?
In messages liberally sprinkled with humor and filled with straight – and sometimes tough – talk, Kevin reaches out to people with God’s message of grace and love.
#belief #Bible #change #community #connect #faith #life #prayer #surrender #wisdomDownload MP3
Milburn | 9:00am & 11:00am
Online | 9:00am & 11:00am
Español | 9:00am
Kerman | 10:00am
Bullard | 8:00am & 9:30am
Wednesday | 6:30pm
4625 W Palo Alto Ave
Fresno, CA 93722
© 2001-2023 NorthPointe Community Church, All rights reserved.