Luke 14:25-27 (NIV) 25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.”
Your commitment to Christ
1. Your commitment to Christ is meant to be unconditional.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
2. Your commitment to Christ will produce predictable challenges.
Exodus 20:12 (NIV) Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land of the Lord your God is giving you.
Exodus 21:17 (NIV) Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.
John 16:33 (NIV) “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
3. Your commitment to Christ will produce deep emotion/affection.
Growing Deeper Together
Use these questions throughout the week as part of your quiet time, in your small group, or over coffee with a friend to help you apply what you learned in today’s message.
• Make the evaluation: What is holding you back from your commitment to Jesus?
• What are you committing your time to? Are you walking close with Jesus? Are you letting him in?
– Emma spoke about being all in for Jesus, what can you do this week to be more committed to following Christ? Do you need to take that first step of faith and begin to follow him? Are you wanting to get baptized? Join a small group?
– What action steps can you take this week if you answered yes to one of the questions above?
• Emma taught us that followers of Christ need to fully trust God, without any “conditions”. Take some time this week to pray and examine areas of your life where you may have not fully committed to God. Ask him to reveal those areas of your life to you and show you ways to change.
Milburn | 9:00am & 11:00am
Online | 9:00am & 11:00am
Español | 9:00am
Kerman | 10:00am
Bullard | 9:00am
Wednesday | 6:30pm
4625 W Palo Alto Ave
Fresno, CA 93722
© 2001-2023 NorthPointe Community Church, All rights reserved.