Join the NP Kids team!
To get started, take a few minutes to fill out and submit one of the ministry applications below. Click on the one that best applies to you!
We’re teaching kids to love God by capturing their imagination.
“God made me.
God loves me.
Jesus wants to be my friend forever!”
We’re teaching kids to love themselves by discovering their identity
“I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
I need to make the wise choice.
I can trust God no matter what!”
We’re teaching kids to love others by desiring to make a difference.
“I’m passionate about helping others.
God has a purpose and plan for me to help others.
I am listening to God so that I can help others”
Interested in joining the NP Kids team?
Serving with NP Kids is a small investment of time, with a great return! If you serve on Sundays, you’ll invest about two hours each time you serve. We’d love it if our Milburn volunteers could serve each week, but at minimum, we’d like you to serve twice a month. You’ll be able to serve during one of the morning services, then attend the adult worship service before or after. If you’re serving In Kerman, it would be great if you could serve every other week, or at a minimum once a month, then you can enjoy that week’s worship service online. You could also serve on the “sub” team; this team fills in for our scheduled volunteers when they are out of town, are not feeling well, or have an emergency that prohibits them from serving.
What we are really looking for in an NP Kids Volunteer is a consistent and persistent commitment. Each week matters in the lives of kids and your commitment says, “I care about you.” Whether you serve weekly, monthly, or somewhere in between, we’d love to have you join the team and begin making great connections with kids!
• By serving kids at NorthPointe, we’re doing what Jesus loved doing (Mark 10:13-16)!
• At NP Kids, we believe that kids matter. How they are loved, what they are taught, how they connect with Jesus and others…it all matters!
• We want kids to have an opportunity to learn about Jesus on their level, with people who love Jesus and have a desire for kids to know Jesus’ love too.
• The NP Kids Staff prayerfully consider what kids need, at each age level, to grow in their relationship with Jesus. We’re continually seeking effective ways to share Bible stories and teach God’s truths to kids in a way they’ll connect with. We use activities, drama, crafts, and singing to engage kids in a way that makes them want to come back for more!
• As an NP Kids volunteer, you’re given an opportunity to make an eternal impact on the life of a child, and maybe their family too!
• 5th & 6th Grade Events and Activities: We have lots of things going on for our Preteens and would love to have extra volunteers to hang out and have fun with these kids! There is our monthly Surge event and a yearly event called Event 56 (an on-campus weekend event), as well as Leadership events that happen monthly.
Yes! We LOVE our Student Volunteers! Take a minute to read through a few of the guidelines below, then complete a Student Volunteer Application. After that, we’ll get in touch with you to get you plugged in.
• If you’re in 4th grade or younger, you must serve alongside a parent who will provide guidance and supervision.
• If you’re in 5th or 6th grade, you can serve with kids as young as 2 years old thru 1st grade, without parental supervision
• If you’re in Junior High or High School, you can serve in any area (see exceptions for Nursery) as long as the kids you’re serving with are at least four years younger than you.
• To serve in the Nursery (Babies under 1 year), you must be 16 or older (unless serving with a parent)
• To serve with Toddlers (1 year olds), you must be in 7th grade or higher (unless serving with a parent)
• Student Volunteers under the age of 16 will not be allowed to pick up or handle a baby or toddler (even with parental supervision).
• Another part of physical safety is health and cleanliness: It’s important to us that we provide a clean and healthy environment for kids. Hand sanitizer is provided, and we use disinfectant wipes and spray to clean toys, countertops, and anywhere else a child might be. If we notice that a child is not feeling well, we will separate them from other kids and contact parents to come and pick them up.
• If you’ve been here a minimum of four months… YES! We’d like the NP Kids Volunteers to have been at NorthPointe long enough to make some connections with others and get involved in the life of the church.
• We also require that all NP Kids volunteers attend NorthPointe’s Core 101: Belonging To A Church Family prior to serving.
• Take a few minutes to review the four introductory videos
• Click on the application (above) that best applies to you
• Within a week of receiving your online application, we’ll be in touch to talk with you about your next steps (fingerprints, background check, etc.)
• Attend NorthPointe’s Core 101 class
• After you complete the application and safety process (background check and fingerprinting), we’ll get in touch with you to schedule a personal meeting with one of the NP Kids Staff members. This an informal meeting that allows us to get to know you a bit better and gives you an opportunity to ask any questions you may have. We’ll also talk about where you’d most like to serve and take a moment to review the NP Kids safety policies.”
• Once all of these steps are taken, we’ll connect you with your area Director or Service Coach (based on the area you’re serving in), print an NP Kids name tag for you, and get you started!
You can call us at
or shoot us an email at
and we’ll be in touch soon.